Wednesday 24 October 2007

school time........and kids




September 05

After 2 months of summer hols, school started on sept 2nd. boyyy, am i glad? But it comes with its share of troubles. For one, the kids have be up by 6am.......i.e if we want to reach the bus stop by 7. We can ofcourse wake them by 6.30 but then the next 1/2 hour passes in a blur. And while watching the school bus going out of sight, you realise you havent packed the english grammer notebook or that the waterbottle is still in the kitchen.

The next problem is what to pack in their lunch-boxes. I try most of the time to keep the food healthy & nutritious but nutritious food doesnt agree with their stomach coz they are allergic to good, wholesome, homecooked food. The boxes come back untouched & when you question them, they'll tell you they ate a lil bit. Then you show them the still intact contents & they'll show you the left corner of the food portion where they made a teeny weeny dent.

Nowadays I pack a nutritious lunch but add a tiny brightly colored edible item in the corner stressing tht they may have it "only" after finishing the entire contents of the LB. Now the eldest is smart. she understands more about negotiations & keeps to her mama's instructions. The younger one also is smart but a lil 2 "self-sufficient" for my liking. she eats the "incentive" first & then a lil bit of the food. By the end of the day when the matter is discussed she acts like she's forgotten the whole issue & you dont feel like stressing about something which happened 8 hrs back.
But she generally gets her way. I really cant pinpoint how but she does.....i guess she just does whtever she wants, with minimum fuss.

Now tht i put this on paper, I'm determined to illustrate it with an example......hmmmmmmm.....ok.......here goes.... if the elder one wants to watch Cinderella on cartoon, she'll come to the kitchen & ask me and I'll tell her "Ok finish ur HW by 7 & I'll put it on for u."
Then she'll say "Nooooo, how can I finish so much HW in such a short time".
Then I'll say "Yes u can do it if u start now" & she'll go "but mama..." & it will go on for 1/2 an hr b4 we reach a compromise.
And if in between she makes me lose my temper, then thts it...."No cartoons for the next 3 days".
She'll go 2 a corner to sulk. All ruffled & irritated I'll march into the living-room when my youngest will come & drag me 2 sit on the sofa & say "Mama, mama, come I'll show u something(this sentence is said at least 36 times in a day)......did u know cinderella's carriage was pulled horses who are actually mice". I'll smile at her realisation & innocent enthusiasm & sit with her to see the scene. After 5 whole minutes it will dawn on me how neatly i fell into the trap. All the while my eldest was asking permission & getting refused, the youngest just went ahead with what she wanted to do. Now after watching the cartoon along with her, i just cant get up & put on the stern act again, right. So I go to the eldest who now refuses to look at me. I carry her 2 the living room & sit down to watch the cartoon with both of them.

p.s - Nikita's favourite sentence is "Mama, wait....i'll tell u something". It is said atleast 48 times a day & is used in any context.

a few quotes which i found true to life.....
A baby is an angel whose wings decrease as his legs increase -Author Unknown

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one - Leo J. Burke

You have to love your children unselfishly. That's hard. But it's the only way - Barbara Bush


Childrens' jokes..... or are they?????

Christmas Present
It was the day after Christmas at a church in San Francisco. The pastor of the church was looking over the cradle when he noticed that the baby Jesus was missing from among the figures. Immediately he turned and went outside and saw a little boy with a red wagon, and in the wagon was the figure of the little infant, Jesus.

So he walked up to the boy and said, "Well, where did you get Him, my fine friend?"
The little boy replied, "I got him from the church."
"And why did you take him?"
The boy said, "Well, about a week before Christmas I prayed to the little Lord Jesus and I told him if he would bring me a red wagon for Christmas I would give him a ride around the block in it."

School Daze
It was at the end of the school year, and a kindergarten teacher was receiving gifts from her pupils.
The florist's son handed her a gift. She shook it, held it overhead, and said, "I bet I know what it is. Some flowers." "
That's right" the boy said, "but how did you know?"
"Oh, just a wild guess," she said.
The next pupil was the candy shop owner's daughter.
The teacher held her gift overhead, shook it, and said, "I bet I can guess what it is. A box of sweets."
"That's right, but how did you know?" asked the girl.
"Oh, just a wild guess," said the teacher.
The next gift was from the son of the liquor store owner. The teacher held the package overhead, but it was leaking. She touched a drop of the leakage with her finger and touched it to her tongue.
"Is it wine?" she asked.
"No," the boy replied, with some excitement.
The teacher repeated the process, taking a larger drop of the leakage to her tongue.
"Is it champagne?" she asked.
"No," the boy replied, with more excitement.
The teacher took one more taste before declaring, "I give up, what is it?"
With great glee, the boy replied, "It's a puppy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank U for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment:-))!!!