Monday 29 October 2007

Red Letter Day


September 25

Everytime I pick up clothes for the kids or for myself, I notice that most of it has varying shades of red. When the kids ask suggestions to color a picture, red again dominates the scene. The curries I make, all lean towards red otherwise I’m not satisfied. And I love tomato juice.

My favourite color………..hmmmmmmm…….thts a tough question coz I have 2 choose between burgundy, crimson, fire engine red, Persian red, terra cotta, vermillion & Venetian red. All the shades r so……energising, sharp, sense awakening......sooo warm, rich.

So wht comes to my mind when i think red...........traffic signal, eveready battery, a forest blaze, a violent scene in an action movie, molten lava........when I read this sentence back I realised that most of what I mentioned had undertones of negativity & violence.

So then I rack my brains again for some positive shades of red.......this took some time but i did it.....picture this....

Vermillion smeared on a married Indian woman's forehead
A red rosy apple
Advertisement for coke
Red oxide on the floor in our middle class indian homes
Heinz ketchup
Amitabh bachchan & rekha in tht field of red tulips for a song
Tse shiny red baubles on the Christmas tree
Red roses on valentines day......pretty good huh.

Following tht train of thought...........
I’m celebrating RED LETTER DAY today.

starting with.....

Meaning associated with the Color Red

Red has more personal associations than any other color. Recognized as a stimulant red is inherently exciting and the amount of red is directly related to the level of energy perceived. Red draws attention and a keen use of red as an accent can immediately focus attention on a particular element.

How the color red effects us mentally and physically
* Increases enthusiasm
* Stimulates energy
* Encourages action and confidence
* A sense of protection from fears and anxiety


so a lil limerick(????) which i picked up on my way to kindergarten, dedicated to RLD.....

Red and white
Ready to fight

Red and yell-ow(or was tht green & yellow, anyway it rhymes perfectly)
Dirty fell-ow


A small poem I borrowed from the net on RED(I swear I didnt lift ideas for my "red" from this poem. I wrote mine first & then went searching for this poem. Now I dont whether to feel good that the poet echoed the thoughts in my mind or whether to feel mediocre that wht i think, is also thought of by millions around the world)


What is Red?
Red is the sound of tulips blossoming in the spring.
Red is the color of the ketchup you squeeze when the ump says play ball.
Red is the towel that lies in the sand.
Red is the color of the leaves that fall all down in the fall.
Red is the center of a sunset, while the seagulls soar into the horizon.
Red is the color of the stripe that soars in the sky on the flag.
Red is the color of tomato sauce that oozes all over yummy noodles.
Red is the color of the kite that zooms all over the afternoon sky.
Red is the marker that gives the grade that leads to your fate.
Red is the color of valentines that are given to those who you love.
Red is the teddy bears new red bow.
Red is the color of Santa's suit thatyou feel as you give him a hug.
Red is the color of an apples shiney new skin as you sink your teeth into it.
Red is the color of the BLOOD that flows gently threw your body.
Red is the Red Bell Pepper that is hard sweet and crisp.
Red is the color of the stoplight as people groan in their cars.
Red is the stop sign that is big red and bright.
Red is the ant that bites and stings.
Red is the rainbow that appears after the rain its always the first color you see.
When you are Red you are emotional and quite the dramatic sort.
Red is land, air, and sea.
Red is everywhere you look.

Lizzie


A quote on RED

Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue. Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we're stupid. - Jules Feiffer


An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere, while a pessimist sees only the red stoplight. . . The truly wise person is color-blind. - Albert Schweitzer


Epilogue:

When in doubt, wear red. - Bill Blass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank U for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment:-))!!!