Tuesday 16 October 2012

2


Nikita walked into the kitchen to put her plate in the sink.

Mama heard her mutter something like…..

“I wish I had a life, then I would be so free…..”

It must have been one of those days….

Why else would Mama have got soo touchy.....

She placed the plates she was holding onto the counter, sighed heavily, made a big production out of turning around and scolded “Don’t be in such a hurry. Your turn at living your own life and being free will come before you know it. Enjoy your childhood now and don’t be in a rush to turn into an adult. You may not understand now but being an adult is not all great as you think it is. There are responsibilities and duties which will burden you & then you’ll be yearning for your childhood.  Enjoy this time when your parents are around to take care of you and protect you from everything. Why are kids these days……

Mamaaaa………

…….in a hurry to……

“Mamaaa…….I was just singing a song from Barbie & the Popstar.” explained Nikita confused.

And she sang…

"I wish I had her life….
Then I would be so free…..
I wish I had her life…
I'd be another me"

[insert ‘sound of loud silence’ here ]

Nikita sensed her mother made a boo-boo and tried to catch her eye.

Mama turned her burning face away from view and yelled in random direction “Nainaaaaa…..will you finish eating fast and get your plate to the kitchen, I don’t have all day”.