Monday 28 December 2009

I have been awarded these tags


Blunt Edges has awarded me with this original ‘Nameless award’ which comes with a tag. I'm supposed to list 7 things about myself that nobody knows.

And Dil se has tagged me with a 'Honest Scrap award' which says I have to write 10 honest things about me.

After 2 years of blogging I’m running out of original things to say but since I was combining 2 tags into one I thought hard and came up with these....

# I can withstand the biggest of shocks without reacting but the smallest of an ant bite can sometimes make me burst into tears.

# No matter how many times I come across ‘Hum Saath Saath hai’[Hindi movie] while channel-surfing I stop right there & watch the rest of the movie. Same goes for Hum Aapke Hai Kaun.

# I take ages to shop. I’m one of those undecided kinds. I frankly envy those people who can walk into a store, pick up something in 10-15 minutes and walk out with complete confidence that they got exactly what they were looking for.

# There is this friend I have with whom I share almost everything. Sometimes when I go thru a bad patch I deliberately don’t call her coz I know if I did I’ll end up telling her everything. The funny thing is that I have many other friends who I am more closer to and can control what I tell them but never with her.

# Very rarely have I cleaned my cupboard with the intention of cleaning my cupboard. Every 3-4 months I manage to misplace money or jewellery. And I ransack my cupboard trying to find it. I find it ofcourse & in the process my cupboard automatically gets cleaned. Nowdays when I have misplaced something I think wryly that the cupboard was looking messy anyways.

# Once I had gone to a book-store in Bangalore & asked for the book “The Achlemist”. The sales guy looked confused for a moment & so I asked once again loudly adding "by Paul Coelho". So many heads turned & looked at me & I wondered why. My friend Sapna who was following behind hissed “Idiot, its The Alchemist”.
People, I haven’t recovered from that gaffe yet.

# I try my best not to lie outright but have no qualms about twisting the truth. The better-half has now become very good at catching me at them.
“Did you take your medicine” he asks.
After a split second hesitation....
“Ofcourse I did” I say indignantly
“Did you take them this morning” he asks again
“Ofcourse I took them in the morning”
“Did you take them this morning”
“Don’t you believe me???” I ask with a wounded look.
“Don’t change the topic, I asked you whether you took them this morning”
“Heeee….. yesterday morning” I will say sheepishly.
Now that he smells them out its no fun anymore;-/

# I once called my uncle a “bloody fool” to his face…he had this habit of making fun of me infront of others. I got beaten up by my mother in front of the whole family for it. I regret it ofcourse but a small part of me still marvels at that timid teenager’s nerve.

# In school and college I was always found with a book in my hand. I was addicted so bad that my studies suffered. Unlike most parents, mine used to shout when they caught me reading. I used to read under the covers in torchlight, on the terrace, stay back at school & even bunk classes to complete a book. Today when I see my kids fascinated with books there is this uneasy feeling within me.

# At the best of times I am a bit dim, what you call a tube-light. Jokes, especially the ones with puns and double meaning just go over my head unless people stress on it. Infact some of the advertisements nowadays are just beyond my understanding…..I may understand the sequence but will not be able to make out how the product relates with the ad.

And it’s done. Phew, I think I’m getting too old to do these tags…saps the energy out of me.

Will be passing on these awards along with the others soon.

Leaving you with a quote……

Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. ~Oprah Winfrey

40 comments:

  1. wow.. lots of things in one post.. Good to know so many things about you.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caught your post just as I was posting mine. I tried real hard to add a pic. I am still figuring out a way.

    Funny you say that these tags are tiring u out, but you still give us more facts about you. :D And I enjoy reading them. And that uncle u talked about must not have messed with you after that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to know abt you :-)
    this medicine tale happnd at my home too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter how many times I come across ‘Hum Saath Saath hai’[Hindi movie] while channel-surfing I stop right there & watch the rest of the movie. Same goes for Hum Aapke Hai Kaun.

    I bet you might have done that in the last 10 days. Both the movies were on Zee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyy there....

    Looks like someone had to ransack her mind a lot too...Great job though.. :)

    Wish you a very Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1- ditto!!

    You now have a reason to envy me ;). The moment I enter a shop, I find what I want and pick it up.

    Achlemist-LOL!!

    taking medicines-If only they knew how unpleasant it is??

    A fantastic new year to you and your family,Nancy!! Hope you had much joy this Christmas, got Santa's gift???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your HSSH is my Vivaah/Pirates of the Caribbean!!

    I'm still the same with books.. I read it in buses, in the backseat of the car, beauty parlour, while waiting for my bus.. I used to do that with my school books also so my parents couldn't complain. I just don't take them to the loo! My mom and dad thank me for that ;-)

    I liked the quote a LOT. Fun post Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol at alchemist joke and beaten up thing..cant even imagine how ur uncle must have reacted to it:P

    u sound lot like my mom[regarding jokes!!];)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what? you watch HSSH all the time? oh my, too much patience you've got :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved it - esply 4m 6th to 9th - ws in splits wid the achlemist..

    but cant beliv ur10th pt tho` - man! u hav a humour nerve in you...

    keep up d gud wrk....

    ReplyDelete
  11. interesting.....:))...smae pinch on the Hum aapke hain kaun and hum saath saath hain thing..:))....i love trhe two mvies and its great finding that i am not alone...:)

    And same pinch on tubelight thing also.....even i dont understand double meaning and "pun intended" linda stuff..:D..

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's this bookstore in Bangalore off of Brigadier road, the owner has a few cats running around outside, underneath the overhead stairway. Your Paulo Coelho story reminds me of that bookstore, for some reason.
    Congrats on your awards, Nancy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you did well with the tags and I loved finding out yet more things I did not know about you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the alchemist joke was a good one :D

    wishing you a happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. good to know more about you...I was similar to you in my reading habits and the same I feel for advts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...being a tube light and admitting it? That's something! ;)

    Great to know so much about it. I love these me-me posts. We learn so much more about someone.

    Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  17. N I read it as Alchemist the first time too :P Then went bk to c that its Achlemist ;) ;)

    Lotz of gud wishes to u all too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. same here..Me too watches "HSSH" every time it's being aired...this Sunday even i watched the entire movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. whoa...no comments about the movies...i sense its a touchy issue ;)

    a tag wonderfully done...n i'm proud of myself that i tagged u (yeah a lil bit of pride doesn't hurt anyone) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. haven't watched those movies. maybe now is the time. you are not a tube light nance. this i know for sure and the uncle got what was long overdue:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Isn't 10 + 7 = 17? But yeah, nvrmind, or else it'll be an overdose of crazy :P

    You take ages to shop? Obviously, you're a woman...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Nancy,Here's wishing you and your family a wonderful and happy new year ahead. Take care, Rekha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wishing you a Happy new year and looking for to more delightful entries in your blog this coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am frightened of tags, I have nothing interesting to write I feel...
    But yours was a good read, especially the Aclemist one!
    And wish you all happiness in 2010...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Nancy,
    A very happy new year to you and your family. The Alchemist and the bloody fool made me laugh like anything. Guess we all have our 'moments'. And guess what I watch 'Hum Sath Sath Hain' and 'Hum Apake Hain kaun' the same way like you do. And it is always accompanied by the 'how many times will you watch these?' from my mom. Old obsessions die hard you know.

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi Nancy, a very nicely done tag, I must say you are very good at it, I can also relate to few...like, reading books, I still do, you will never catch me without a book, my hubby hides it before coming to bed ;), and watching those two movies from whichever point I come across, wonder why though??? and being labelled tubelight by my friends as I dont get those double meaning jokes and some obvious jokes sometimes ;).

    May the sun shine brighter and flower bloom brighter for you this year, wishing you and your family a very happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy New Year Nancy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I read it as "Alchemist" the first time :D, but lol on that!!! I'm sure you must now be triple-checking names before inquiring :D (I do that :P)

    And I seriously envy your guts for standing up to your uncle.... loads of people I want to tell off, but fear still holds me back.

    And the twisting the truth thing....I do it too :D Mom can catch me at it, hubby still needs to learn :D

    Happy 2010 to you & your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey.. ditto on point no 2 about the movies!

    I once even cried watching Hum saath saath hai... I couldn't believe myself!

    ReplyDelete
  30. every year brings with it new challenges and opportunities. May you rise up to the challenges and capitalize on the opportunities. My best wishes for a happy and healthy 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loved the medicine one ;) Bloody Fool one was so daring :)

    Happy New Year Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. lol! im completely with u on the books point...my mom used to find books hidden in all corners of my room during exams!

    happy new yr! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG !!! Hum saath saath hain and Hum aapke hai kaun - My favs and have watched countless no of times - not only when it comes in TV - I've a DVD - these 2 movies + maine pyaar kiya. Love to watch them again and again. My younger daughter too is just like me, in this. Give me 5 !!!!

    Even S can find out, when I am lying - I try to do better every time. But, S just cant lie or even act like that.

    Whaaat !!! You called some uncle - Bloody fool - OMG !!! Nancy !!! Daredevil !!!!

    Thats a lovely quote - U like Oprah - My God !!! Nancy, what other likes do we have ??????

    Hugs to you and the lovely family you have !!!! Happy New Year !!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am a reading maniac too!! and would be chided by mom for reading all the time.

    Bloody fool thing is the teenage spirit...hahahaha..I know how it feels. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Good to know you were a bookworm, just like me!!!! I still am!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh God! Calling an uncle bloody fool on his face!! My my that was indeed brave :) And lol at the Alchemist thingy .. honestly speaking took me 2 reads to get it :( guess the choke of this tube light is going too..

    Have a glorious year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank U so much for all ur lovely comments. I was so terribly involved with the awards posts that commenting took a backseat. Anyways this post did make one thing clear...seriously I'm so relieved to hear so many of u watch Hum Apke hai Kaun & Hum Saath Saath hain again & again;-D.

    ReplyDelete
  38. an interesting tag Nancy :D specially the calling your Uncle a bloody fool and twisting the truth :)

    the being dim and being a tubelight part is cute:D:D the way you have written it:D
    trust you to write it like this:D

    you see HAHK and HSSH again and again?:O
    why?oh why?*runs for her life* :D:D:D

    the achlemist part ...could identify with it...dont ask how:P:P
    and your parents know my parents kya?:D
    coz on some days they did lose their cool with my book obsession:D

    but what I want most of all is to be able to say bloody fool to some people e in my life :D:D:D

    any tips? O' jhansi ki rani?:D
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))
    lots of love and wishing you and your loved ones once again for a fabulous year ahead:))

    ReplyDelete
  39. though a bit late here...congrats for all the wonderful awards!!;-)

    P.S. loved the Oprah quote!

    ReplyDelete

Thank U for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment:-))!!!