Colours & Goofy Mumma have tagged me to put up 25 random facts abt myself.
I don't think I've struggled with any post as much as I struggled with this. It took me 4 whole days & some hours to put up this tag. What so hard about putting up 25 random facts about the self you may wonder. All my post I’ve written till today are filled with random stuff & I’ve just about exhausted my quota.
Now the rules -
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.
At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged.
You have to link the person who tagged you.
If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
1. I maybe bursting at the seams but I never say no to dessert.
2. I’m a sucker for a sob story………..even if I don’t need the item the salesman is selling I end up buying it because I cant take the chance that his family will go without dinner if I didn’t buy something from him. or worse, he curses that I dont get dinner that night.
3. When I was in college the whole family got chicken pox. My father, mother & sister had it all over them like a rash. I got just 4 spots. So even now I’m not very sure I got chicken pox or not.
4. I had this 2 yr old cousin who used to bite everybody when he was teething. Every body except me. All were amazed & kept asking me the secret but I never divulged. My mom finally convinced me to spill……..whenever he began to sink his teeth into my skin, I used to apply the same amount of pressure with my fingers on his posterior. He got the message pretty fast for a 2 yr old. And nobody can accuse me of being partial. One of my kids also underwent the same treatment. The better half looked at me in bewilderment when he found out.
5. My father had an accident when I was around 8-9yrs old. A botch-up in the operation ensured that he took almost 1½ yrs to heal…..it seemed like he was on bedrest for ever. Though he was up & about after that he had to take it easy. So even before I finished school I had taken over all outdoor responsibilities…electricity bills, telephone bill, booking for cooking gas[no telephone at home at first, so we had to go the office & book for a cylinder], groceries, meat. I used to change bulbs, clean the water tank, do small repairs on appliances…….I even went to the police station 1 night to get my cousin out from the lockup. I didn’t mind it at all……anything but cooking.
6. My friends nicknamed me ‘Wriggler’ in college because I used to be very good at dodging & getting to the front of the traffic line on my bike.
7. My mother & I have heated ‘discussions’ whenever we get together but our love is not to be questioned when we are far apart….we beat up anybody who to tries to prove otherwise.
8. I love visiting places but I hate traveling. I suffer from car sickness, bus, air sickness but have no problems in an auto or train.
9. I never ever showed any interest in gardening except during exam times when digging up the entire garden with the pickaxe or watering the plants was so energizing & all that. And I marvel how I never realized how good I was with plants. As soon as the last exam is over I never give them another look until the next set of exams.
10. After great contemplation, I have decided not to go anywhere other than home country for the next decade……….I absolutely refuse to go anywhere out of the way, with kids who squabble every 5 minutes & pause just to ask “Have we reached?????” before continuing with their power struggles.
11. My best friend Neetu & I got exactly Rs. 24 everyday to get back home by auto after college. We went to Nilgiris everyday & had 2 packs flavoured milk worth Rs.8 & then walked another ¼km to catch an auto at a particular point & we reached home to a meter reading of exact Rs.16/-.
12. Everybody in the family knows my father is partial with me…..first-born & all that. He is proud of me & always talking about me to anybody who is willing to listen, but he will not speak with me directly, only through my mother. We have no issues with each other but it’s always been like that. If by chance he picks up my call when my mother is not around, after 1 minute of ummm is everything alright & how r u….we agree to call up when my mom is around. And no, I have no hang-ups about it…maybe if he loved me less I might have questioned him.
13. I enjoy hanging the washed clothes out on the terrace……I hang them neatly according to color, type[like all skirts together, shirts together…], & stand there for 2 mins & admire my handiwork after it is done…...all in the burning midday sun.
14. If I don’t fall asleep immediately after hitting the bed….I always pick out my favourite daydream wherein I win a Million Dollars in a grand draw. I then start calculating how much I’ll donate to worthy causes……..maths always put me to sleep.
15. In school I pretended I had an elder brother called Nicholas who was living in the States. Even now I smile nostalgically whenever I think about him.
16. I love Enid Blyton books. Even now if I get hold of one anywhere I devour it. These are the only books which I can bear to read again & again & again.
Harry Potter series are special but Enid Blyton books are something else.
17. Before I visit the parlour for a pedicure, I give my feet a scrub at home. I don’t want the parlour lady to think badly of me.
18. I got my 1st teddy bear at the age of 22………gifted to me by my best friend Neetu. I’ll never forget that. She is still there occupying a place of honour in my parents house…..the teddy bear I mean.
19. My sister was always known as Nancy’s sister for the 1st 15 yrs of her life. She got so mad about it & used to take it out on me. For once I never minded.
20. I give up…..its taken me 3 days to put this much together.
21. As I read the stuff I wrote above, I realize every single incident in my life has a long winded explanation behind it. Pity I didn’t use this ability to my advantage during exams.
22. It took me 6 months to find a pair of black jeans I liked…..rather which fitted well. By the end of 3 months I was heartily sick & tired of walking in & out of dressing rooms. But my better half was determined that I should get my black jeans. He would determinedly march me into every clothing store in a mall. Inbetween I felt like a mean pig for wondering whether he was settling some old scores.
23. I sometimes feel I was meant to do greater things like climb Mount Everest or maybe head an NGO. Infact I seriously feel the evil forces are pulling me down coz they recognize my capabilities & know if they let me be I may just change the world for the better.
24. I just realized that I was continuing with the tag even after having given up at the 20th random fact. Which proves my belief that every end is an excuse for a new beginning.
25. And I like happy endings………….whether its books, movies or real life.
I’m supposed to tag 25 people but between DeeplyDip & Goofy Mumma they have tagged almost everybody on my list so I TAG the few who have escaped their attention:
I scribble here
My life is my lesson!
Shades of Grey
The blogger formerly known as Sansmerci
The Idle Devil
Winnie the poohi
How to escape emotional pain (post 30)
3 weeks ago